Choose your Battle: Gender or Race?
How many quick, seemingly inconsequential decisions do you get to make every day? I used to think I chose my battles pretty wisely. Now, not so much. Similar to the way one sniffs meat and knows then and there whether to proceed to the stove or the trash, I can usually decide just as quick “will this matter five, ten, twenty years from now?” If my answer is a definite no I concede defeat, quickly. For example:
Battle: 7:05 am. My four year old wants to wear her boots. I want her to wear her sneakers. It’s gym day.
- Decision – Boots it is..
- Battle: In the middle of watching a football game and my son says, “Boys are stronger than girls.”
- Decision: Drop everything and correct him!
- Girls are just as strong as boys.
- Strength is not always equated with muscle.
- Big muscles are nothing without a strong mind!