Easter Activities for Teens, Tweens and Kids
Are you the one in charge of the Easter egg hunt this year…or every year? When I was little we would have our annual Easter egg hunt at my auntie’s church. Seeing who could find the most eggs was such a serious competition. Back then egg hunts were about finding real eggs. Nowadays every egg hunt I’ve been to sends children out to find plastic eggs filled with candy and sometimes money! Since it seems to be a new day for Easter egg hunts, I’ve found these super cool egg-tastic Easter activities for teens, tweens and elementary kids.
Teens & TweensGPS Egg Hunt
- The tweens or teens will need their smartphone for this egg hunt.
- Use Geocaching
Upper ElementaryCreate an Egg Geode (from stevespanglerscience.com)
- Food coloring
- Alum powder (look in the spice section of your local grocers)
- Paper towels
Younger ElementaryMath it Up Egg Hunt
- Hide plastic eggs with simple addition and subtraction problems inside.
- After all kids collect the eggs have them sit down and work out the math problems (you get the tweens and teens to help with this one).
- When all math problems are worked out the final number will be the address to where all Easter baskets or treats are hidden! Sweet!
Have a Egg-Tastic Weekend and Happy Easter!!