Help! I have a Question and I Can’t Reach My Child’s Teacher
I’ve been there. Sitting at what seems like the 11th hour before bedtime, faced with a homework question I’ve not seen in ages or worse, I’ve never seen before. And right beside me, a bright eyed, naïve child who still believes I know everything (hopefully). Pressure? An understatement to say the least. If you’ve ever painstakingly covered fractions or reviewed the difference between a long and short ‘o’ until your tongue is numb, two options may come to mind:
- Turn interrogation style on your child and see if you can ‘shake’ out of them how the teacher taught the lesson. [not suggested…but understandable]
- Or, pursue a more calm approach that involves seeking out other resources to help reinforce or clarify learning.
- Extra work in Reading, Math, Writing and Science.
- Find inspiration for the upcoming Science Fair
- Help your children practice their poetry skills
- Find suggested sites for extra math problems and even cute printable lunch box notes to brighten your child’s day!