Encourage Going to College to Be a ‘Boss’?
Do you have a child who always wants to argue their point? When I was growing up you didn't argue with adults. Doing so was deemed equivalent to a sin. The hubby was raised the same way. Somehow though we've managed to raise children who seem to want to be in on making the rules in the house. No one has been bold enough to ask, but when told to do something, I've gotten looks like “But, I don’t understand why I have to’. I swear they would roll their eyes or lace their voices with bitter sarcasm if they could. I get it. They want to argue their case as to why it should be their way. When they begin to argue, I respond in two ways:
- First I say, ‘I don’t argue with children, so this conversation is over.’
- Then, if I am not too aggravated, I give them a dose of subliminal messaging
- I don’t recall a single Final Four bracket coming out of the White House
- Whoever thought DJ Khaled would make an appearance at the White House Correspondents Dinner
- Most would have thought only men with names like Michael, Steven or William become president
- I would have never thought I would hear the Commander-in-Chief declare that he needed to ‘brush his shoulders off’